9:30 10:30 Opening Session: Introduction and Research Roundtable
10:30 10:45 Coffee Break
10:45 12:00 Morning Session
12:00 1:00 Lunch and Poster Sessions
1:00 2:30 Afternoon Session
Speakers/Panelists and Topics (there may be more)
* Tom Calarco, “Secret Lives of the Underground Railroad in New York City.”
* Milt Diggins, “Stealing Freedom: Slave Catchers and Kidnappers.”
* Dr. Cheryl Gooch, “What it Means to be Free: Uncovering the Undocumented History of
Freedom-Seeking: African-Americans of Hinsonville, Chester Co, PA.”
* Robin Krawitz, “The Hunn Family and Samuel D. Burris”
* Nancy Webster, “The Landscape of the Underground Railroad.”
After each presentation there will be a question and answer session.
• Admission to this event is free. Coffee, tea, and water will be provided. A lunch of hoagies, wraps, salad, and fruit will be available for $6, payable by cash or check on the day of the symposium, catered by Triple Fresh Market, East Fallowfield. (Make checks out to KURC). You may of course bring your own lunch.
• If you plan to attend, please respond by May 20 by email or phone to firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-475-0554. Let us know your name and if you will purchase lunch, so the caterer can prepare accordingly.